Thursday 31 May 2007

Blondie - The Singles Box

After I got introduced to Blondie last spring with "The Curse of Blondie" I was in an all out search for everything Blondie I could consume. Several group albums & three Debbie Harry solo albums later, I'm close to accomplishing my goal. Though, on a many shopping trips to my local F.Y.E. store with my boyfriend, I saw this deluxe box set of Blondie's singles from their first self-titled album all the way through to 1982's "The Hunter", I had to have it. Though "One Way or Another" is a glaring omission, what you get still keeps this set with a five star rating.

I finally purchased it this summer & have to say that it was worth the price tag. You get all of the singles as they were presented in seven inch vinyl format, in a CD single format. This includes all the original artwork on the front & back of the original 45! You get many b-sides that were most likely unavailable from their first few singles off of "Blondie" & "Plastic Letters". You also get alternate versions of album tracks such as "Live It Up" from 1980's "Autoamerican", instrumental versions, twelve inch versions, French versions, Spanish versions, the whole lot basically!

Also, the singles come placed in beautiful box done up in 1977's "Parallel Lines" art design in chronological order. A booklet with color photo's of Blondie & Debbie is included as well. Of course the hit single "Maria" & subsequent singles from the 1999 reunion album "No Exit" are not here & neither are the singles from 2004's "The Curse of Blondie". But this set I believe was meant to highlight their peak period of singles.

I recommend this to the Blondie fan who may have these all on vinyl & wants them on CD, or for that new Blondie fanatic, who like me, had to have it all. I highly recommend. Count one two three four, boom!

1 comment:

YOU ARE A GHOST said...

From pop, tu new wave, to reggae, to disco, Blondie has it all!!!!